So this Christmas I got a 99 cent sketchbook and it’s seriously the best thing I’ve gotten in a long time. Let me tell you why:
- It only costs 99 cents
- It was a gift
- I thought it cost like a billion dollars
- Pencil looks great on it
- I’ve practiced a lot since
The point I’m trying to get to is that I get to practice my lettering with a simple 99 cent notebook and pencil. Okay okay I know that’s not really a big deal but it got me thinking. I started thinking about all the content out there, all the online courses, etc. and what really stands out to me is that a lot of artists are using an iPad for lettering. And I’m so jealous! I really wish I could grab an iPad but it’s just not in my budget right now. I know there are so many other lettering artists like me who are just eager to get their hands on procreate and that cool looking iPad pencil. Trust me I feel you.
But I don’t think you need an iPad to create amazing content. I am a firm believer that you can kick ass at lettering with just a pencil. That is why I created my Online Handlettering Course that only requires a pencil. Besides my online course this year to kick off 2019 I wanted to start a new challenge for myself and anyone else who would like to join me.
I’m starting a Free Pencil Lettering Challenge.
BOOST YOUR LETTERING SKILLS WITH PENCIL DRILLS
Why am I creating this weekly challenge?
- To make sure I practice weekly on lettering
- To challenge myself by using a simple pencil
- To share my tips for pencil lettering
- Practice the fundamentals for anatomy and composition
So I challenge you to join me for a weekly Pencil Lettering challenge! Each week I will provide a prompt for lettering that week and each week I will choose my favorite lettering pieces to highlight on my Instagram! This is a great way for us all to keep practicing and to keep practicing on a budget 🙂
Not sure if you should join? Well here’s a few reasons why I think you might change your mind:
- It’s completely Free
- You don’t have to break the bank on a tablet!
- I actually require in this challenge you only use a Pencil
- You can translate the techniques you learn to digital art
- You’ll get a prompt each week
- You’ll get to improve on your lettering!
- You might even get highlighted on my Instagram Story!
So I hope you join me! I’m super excited and if you’re interested just sign up to receive your first prompt starting next week!